Do men really want a larger and thicker penis?
It would appear that it is quite common for guys to be curious about their masculinity. They may also think that the better endowed they are, the more confident they will be in bed.
Do Men Really Want a Bigger Penis?
It would appear that these are universal truths. One study conducted at the University of Kentucky seems to agree with that. In that study, 4,000 men were surveyed if they want to get a larger penis if it were possible.
The study reports that 40% of the respondents gave an affirmative answer. Well, that counts the number of guys who are open about admitting to the fact that they do want a longer and thicker schlong.
But that doesn’t count the vast majority of men who secretly wish they had a bigger tool. This secret desire among men comes across different countries, regions, colors, and creeds.
Whether we like to admit it or not, we all want a bigger dick – that’s for certain.
Why Focus on Girth Rather Than Length?
Let me demystify a specific concept that has been spread around through (guess what) pornography. You boys shouldn’t believe everything you see on TV or the internet.
Sure, the big dick has been glorified in porno. In fact, they usually show us how long a particular porn star’s dick is. However, that is only a small portion of the overall equation to pleasing a woman.
Why is that? Well, the fact of the matter is that girth is more important than length when it comes to making a girl reach orgasm (or multiple orgasms).
Sure, a long dick can reach way deep in there. However, a long penis doesn’t stimulate all of the areas in the vaginal canal that produces orgasms. The clitoris is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to sexually stimulating a woman.
If you examine the entire vaginal canal, there is actually an entire network of nerves that can be stimulated. The entire canal is only so long because there is a cervix at the back at the end of that canal and a uterus as well.
Making your dick longer will result in your penis hitting that area (i.e., the cervix and uterus), which actually offers no stimulation for the woman at all.
But, and this is huge BUT right here – if you have a larger girth, there will be a lot more vaginal wall stimulation (which is where the network of stimulatory nerves are located).
Simply put, the larger your girth, the more pleasure you will be giving to your woman. So be happy even if your penis is just the average length.
And since you’re already reading this – it’s highly probable that you also want to have a larger penis, or at least you’re just curious. Either way works.
As a bit of a caveat, you ought to know that the science behind all of this is still in the works. However, there is evidence that achieving natural penile growth through exercises is definitely possible.
But there are no 100% guarantees for it since we still need a lot of clinical trials to confirm that fact. Well, at least we know some stuff works, but there is no single technique or method that will work for everyone.
What’s the Average Penis Size?
Well, there are two sizes that you need to know about. The first one is the flaccid size, and the other is the erect size.
The average length of a flaccid penis is around 9.16 cm or 3.6 inches.
The average length of an erect penis, however, is 13.12 cm or 5.16 inches.
The average girth of an erect penis, on the other hand, is 13.5 centimeters when measured at the base and 12.3 centimeters when you measure it at mid-shaft
Now, what do all these numbers mean?
That means if you measure your penis and it is somewhere near these figures, then you shouldn’t be reading this guide since you are good to go.
However, if you fall short—and I do mean short—then you can make use of the info presented here.
Don’t lose hope, though. There is a lot of stuff you can try. You just have to find out which one will work for you.
How Do I Measure Mine?
Now that you know the measurements of the average-sized penis, the next question is how you can measure your thing.
Well, you’ll just need at least three things:
- A measuring tape
- One marker—any marker will do
- The length of the string—doesn’t have to be that long.
So, how do you do it?
Here are the steps:
- Wrap a length of string around your penis while it is not erect.
- Make sure that you measure the middle of the shaft.
- Mark where the ends of the string meet.
- Measure the string using your tape measure.
- Next, measure the string from the end to that area where you marked it.
That is how you measure a flaccid penis. The next thing you need to do is to measure your penis’s girth when erect. Just follow the same procedure.
And make sure to measure at midshaft. You should also make sure to measure in the same spot on your shaft both for flaccid and erect measurements.
At least you know that you are making accurate comparisons. This will be helpful later on after doing penis exercises for a while. That’s how you check if you have gained inches or not.
How to Increase Your Girth
There are a lot of options when you are looking for ways to increase your girth and length. Here are your options for increasing penis size:
- Exercises that increase penile girth
- Eating the right food that contributes to increasing penis size
- Taking the right vitamins and minerals
- Taking natural and safe herbal supplements
Research that Backs Up These Options
Now, as I have mentioned earlier, the research that supports increasing penile girth naturally is still in the works. You can look up some of the ones listed here.
Note that a lot of work still needs to be done, and we don’t have anything that is absolutely conclusive. However, we do have enough to support these claims.
Some research suggests the possible efficacy of certain techniques, which is enough to say that they might work for you.
You can look up the following bits of research on this subject:
- One study back in 2010 suggests that guys who use Andropenis stretching devices. The men who participated in this study used this device extensively (about six hours a day) every day for four months. The gains that they were able to achieve ranged from 1.8 cm to 3.1 cm. If you want to read the review, please click here.
- Another study in 2011 involved men using traction devices. The men who participated in this study used this type of device for up to 9 hours a day for three months. The participants gained up to an inch. If you want to read up on that, then click here.
Exercises That Help to Increase Penile Girth Fast Naturally
Here are the following exercises that you can try to increase your penile girth fast and naturally. I have also included the pros and cons of each of these exercises, so at least you know what you are getting yourself into.
Exercise #1 – Jelqing
It is pronounced as “jel king” – so now you know. It might come as a surprise that jelqing is actually a physical therapy exercise – well for the penis, of course.
Now, you may have heard of this exercise in penile lengthening articles on the internet. However, it is not just for increasing penile length. In fact, it is used to increase the girth of a penis as well as its hardness.
The idea behind this penis enlargement exercise is to stimulate the increase of blood flow to the penis. That’s the goal, and it’s pretty cool, right?
Well, for one thing, this exercise is noninvasive, and you may already have done it one time or another without knowing it.
This is probably the most prevalent penis enlargement exercise there is. It is perhaps the one single exercise that the majority of guys had started with when it came to their penis enlargement journey.
It is also the exercise that is at the heart of a lot of penis enlargement devices in the market today.
What does the word “jelq” mean?
The word “jelq” is Arabian in origin – well probably, no one knows for sure. But in the Arabic language, to jelq is to milk something. So maybe that’s where the Arabian language connection comes into.
Believe it or not, the practice of jelqing has been around for decades. Men have been trying it for a while now, and we have been getting various results.
There are a lot of guys out there who swear by this exercise, and there are a few of those who say they only get minimal results if any at all.
Why should you try it?
Well, you wanted to increase your penile girth, right? Well, that is the big reason, and it is at the root of the problem.
If that is the case, then this is the easiest way to get started on your long journey to achieve that goal. Yes, there is no one-time quick fix to give you a bigger and thicker penis.
Jelqing is also the cheapest and most practical option for you. It won’t cost you a penny. It is also considered one of the safest procedures that you can do.
There are no drugs, creams, operations, or even doctors you need to see to do jelqing.
Is jelqing safe?
Now that is a good question, and it is absolutely legit. Why? Well, is there anyone in the world who would want to mess up their penis? That would mean you will want to be 100% sure that it is safe to do.
Now, here’s the point – jelqing and all the other exercise that has been mentioned here are safe. However, when people don’t do things properly, then that is when problems start to come around.
What’s a warm-up and cool-down routine?
I have found out that warming up first before jelqing and then doing a cool-down routine after helps to improve results. What’s a proper warm-up? Here it is:
- Start by taking a warm shower. Do this 5 to 10 minutes before you do jelqing exercises.
- Wrap your dick in a moist and warm towel – keep it wrapped for 15 minutes.
- Follow that up with some light massage. Massage your penis for 2 minutes.
- Do some light stretching for 3 minutes.
- Finally, do some jelqing exercises.
So how do you do jelqing?
You should do jelqing exercises for 5 minutes per session during the first two weeks. Come week 3 and 4 you should be jelqing for 10 minutes per session.
Now, when you are already on week 5 and 6, you should be jelqing for 15 minutes per session.
So, how do you do jelqing exercises? Here are the steps:
- The first step is to make an “O” shape using your index finger and your thumb.
- Remember to use your dominant hand (left hand if you’re a lefty and right hand, if not).
- It would be like you’re making an OK sign with your hand.
- Place this OK sign at the base of your flaccid penis.
- Now, make the OK or the O shape smaller until you feel some mild pressure on the shaft of your penis.
- Slowly move or slide your two fingers (i.e., your thumb and index finger) up your shaft going toward the head of your penis.
- Go all the way until you reach the tip.
- Remember to maintain that shape with your two fingers throughout the slide.
- If at any time you feel any kind of pain while sliding your fingers, then reduce the amount of pressure that you are applying on your dick.
- Repeat everything from step 1.
- Do these jelqing exercises according to the number of minutes recommended per week.
- After you have been doing it for more than a month, you can increase it to a maximum of 20 to30 minutes per jelqing session.
How to Stretch Safely
Doesn’t stretching make my penis longer? That is absolutely true. Well, if you focus on stretching exercises alone, then you may end up with a longer penis after consistently doing it for a few months.
However, stretching also contributes to increased girth. It helps to make the penile shaft expand so that it can accommodate the increased blood flow.
Well, since you’re not just focusing on stretching, then you are paving the way for some major girth improvements.
Other than that, doing penis stretches for some time will help you become familiar and comfortable with the feeling of a longer penis.
So, how do you do proper penis stretching? Here’s how you get to do that:
- Grip your penis on the head.
- Pull your penis upward.
- Stretch it out and hold that position for 10 seconds
- Now pull your penis to the left of your body this time.
- Keep it stretched for another 10 seconds.
- Next, pull your penis to the right this time around.
- Again, maintain that stretch for about 10 seconds.
- Repeat these steps for 5 minutes.
Here are a few reminders before you do any kind of manual stretching of your penis:
- You should first talk to your doctor before you try stretching your penis for longer periods.
- You should schedule these stretching exercises about once or twice each day.
- Do not go overboard with the stretching. If you feel any slight pain, then stop. Your body is already telling you that you are already doing it too much.
- Discomfort is another signal that you should keep an eye out for. If you feel any form of discomfort during stretching or even during jelqing, then stop.
- Remember that both jelqing and stretching exercises should only be done when your penis is flaccid. Never try these exercises (jelqing and stretching) when your penis is erect.
- In case you want to use a device to help you stretch your penis, then remember to follow the instructions on the user’s manual.
Why Do People Fail When It Comes to Penis Enlargement?
There are actually three primary reasons why people fail when they try penis enlargement:
- They lacked commitment.
This means that these guys weren’t really that serious about it, to begin with. Maybe they are afraid of failure, so they don’t bother getting started in the process at all. The important thing that one must do is to get started, or else you’ll just end up being the geek who knows everything about penis enlargement but never really got to try it.
- Setting unrealistic expectations
The next reason why guys fail when it comes to penis enlargement is that they set unrealistic expectations. This is actually a very common reason why people fail in these exercises – well, in fact, that is a common reason why people fail at anything.
Some guys expect to get a nine-inch-long penis after a month of doing any combination of penis exercises, herbs, and other stuff. The fact of the matter is that the results come by slowly. You have to work with your body. There is no way to make the process go much faster if you want to do it naturally. If you want instant results in the quickest amount of time, then you should undergo surgery.
- There is no follow-through/they did not follow the instructions.
Well, some guys do get started with these exercises and other options, but then they just stop somewhere along the way. On the other hand, some did not follow the proper procedure.
Maybe they felt pain after doing one or two exercises. After a few sessions and feel pain in the process, they quit just like that. Well, it’s either pain or discomfort, or maybe they expected exponential results, or they just changed their minds about it. To increase your chances of success, don’t give up too quickly. Follow the instructions to the T.
Potential Complications and Risks When Doing Penile Exercises
Yes, you read that right. There are potential risks as well as possible complications when you do penile exercises. Well, simply put if you go too rough on your penis, then you risk injuring your thing.
Overdoing your exercises can potentially cause considerable tears in the penis tissues. It can also cause damage and tears on the ligaments that connect the penis to the body.
If you manage to injure any part of your penis, it may have the potential to hinder your ability to get an erection or your capacity to maintain an erection.
So, when you use devices like a penis pump or a traction device, you should make sure to follow the instructions that came with the device.
If your doctor also has advice on how to use them, then you should follow those too.
As a general rule, you shouldn’t let the blood stay in your penis when using these devices for more than 30 minutes.
Note that having an erection for more than several hours may cause permanent damage to your penis.
You should also watch out for the following symptoms when using these devices or doing penile exercises:
- Any signs of a ruptured vein (e.g., discoloration on your penis)
- Numbness in any part of your dick
- Red spots that can be found along the shaft of your penis
- Minor bruising (this can be the result of working your penis too hard)
You should see your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms. That is especially true if the symptoms have lasted more than a few days.
If it goes away the next day, then you’re fine, but if symptoms persist, then you better check with your doctor. Your doctor can assess your situation and give you advice and also medication as a remedy.
When Will I Begin to See Results?
The results that you will see will depend on several factors. It will depend on the approach that you decide to use, and it will also depend on how consistent you are to adhere to the method that you have selected.
For example, let’s say that you chose to use a traction device or maybe a penis pump. You may have to use it every day for a certain number of days per week.
Other than that, you will be expected to stick to this schedule for several months.
Now, that takes a lot of commitment. There’s no way to work around that schedule; that is, if you are interested in seeing noticeable results. The same rule applies to do penile exercises for increased penile girth.
So which one is better, a penis pump or a traction device? There are anecdotal reports that say a penis pump is a lot more effective than a traction device.
However, these reports aren’t conclusive – so what I think is that they are just on the same level of effectiveness. The difference is in the price.
The Bottom Line
You should try out the different penile exercises mentioned here before you spend money on a penis pump or a traction device. Use the obviously less expensive option first.
Experimenting first will help you observe how your penis responds to all types of stimulation. Try to see which kind of exercise you are more comfortable with. Not everyone will like stretching and jelqing at the same time.
You should also observe what results you can get after doing an exercise for about a month. Let’s say you want to try jelqing. Follow the instructions on how to do that, as described here.
Do a before and after jelqing measurement. We have already discussed how you could do that early in this guide. You can also do some measurements after week two if you like to see if you have a few gains made.
If you have any health condition, then you should first talk to your doctor before trying out any of the exercises described here.
You should also seek your doctor’s advice in case you want to try pills, herbal solutions, or use any penis enlargement device.
Remember to see your doctor right away in case you experience any symptoms. When you follow the steps on how to increase girth fast and naturally with exercises, remember that the goal is to improve your health.
We fail to achieve that goal if what we do in these exercises causes injury. Finally, stay safe and work with the natural processes of your body.